WHW {#72}: Christmas Tag

Happy last Wednesday before Christmas!! 
In the spirit of all of the fun that's upcoming, I wanted to post a Christmas Tag that I saw floating around blogland!
{via}
1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
I have to go with the girly answer to this and say The Holiday--even though it's not technically about Christmas, it's still one of my favorites.

2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes. It's rare, even on the east coast, but I've definitely had a white Christmas. I've also had a wet Christmas, too, and those are way less fun.

3. Where do you usually spend the holiday?
Now that I'm married, we do Christmas up in PA with my in-laws since they have kids, and it's a bigger production up there than it had been down here with just my parents. Now, my mom is included in the holiday stuff, and is invited up to PA to celebrate with everyone since my dad is no longer with us. I love that we have family that can share the holidays together instead of feeling like we have to split them or trade off every year.

4. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
I can't choose just one. I love listening to them all! The Pentatonix Christmas songs last week on their special was pretty awesome and I'd definitely listen to that cd, too. 

5. Do you open any presents on Christmas eve?
The tradition in my family growing up was that you could open one present on Christmas Eve, and it was usually my mom's choosing. Or maybe I just always asked her which one I should choose because I didn't want the best gift the night before. I think it's a tradition I'd like to keep with our kids.

6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? 
I'm pretty sure that I can. Rudolph is obviously the coolest.
{via}
7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
I like being at my SIL's house Christmas morning in our PJ's and opening presents with the family, and having this egg fritatta bake that my BIL makes. I also am really looking forward to Christmas dinner at my other SIL's house--the last one we had was SO good. And this year, we'll be doing our gender reveal with our family, so that's a little extra excitement to add into the mix!

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake. 
Growing up, our tree was always fake, and right now we have a small fake one from when we lived in our condo. Maybe next year, with a little one running around, we'll go out and pick a new one. I've never had one, and think it would be cool. But it's also kind of nice to plug in a tree and have it already lit. Either way, my favorite part is hanging all of the ornaments :)

9. What is your all time favorite Holiday food / Sweet Treat? 
 Probably the same as Thanksgiving--all of the sides! I could take or leave turkey (and no ham for me), but gimme allllllll the sides!

10. Be honest, do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better? 
I like both. I think it's fun finding gifts for people that you love, and seeing their reactions to the thought you put into their gifts. And who doesn't like getting a good gift or two? I don't need a ton, but I appreciate the thoughtful gifts.

11. What would be your dream place to visit for the Holiday season?
I don't know that I have a dream place to visit--being with my family is where I'd like to be during the holidays. This year, we're lucky enough to be doing an early babymoon in San Diego (right now) so it's a nice treat right before Christmas to escape the cold, and also get to see how the West Coast does Christmas.

12. Are you a pro present wrapper, or do you fail miserably? 
I'd say I'm an intermediate gift wrapper. If it's square or rectangular I'm all good. If it's oddly shaped, I usually put it into a bag lol. 
My favorite was last year when I was trying to throw off my husband that I'd gotten him an Xbox, so I put it in a HUGE box, along with two of my workout weights in the bottom, wrapped in a towel so they didn't roll around. He has NO idea what it was, and was super surprised when he opened it on Christmas morning. I like being sneaky :)

Now it's your turn to link up with what's hap-"pinning" with you, or feel free to snag this little survey!



16 comments:

  1. yes to this christmas tag! we always had real trees growing up and have moved to fake. the opp direction haha. but easier with animals. i love giving gifts - so fun to think of stuff people would enjoy! i do that all year round though haha. hope you're having a wonderful trip!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun!! After the question about the reindeer I had to see if I could remember them all too. Luckily the song helped me :) I love how sneaky you were wrapping the Xbox! SO smart!! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking for something to post tomorrow and this survey is perfect! It is like you knew I needed something hahaha!

    I always want to be sneaky with how I wrap things but I never end up actually doing it! haha maybe next year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tag is so much fun! I definitely think that I'm going to try and steal it :) And I'm with you on liking the fact that a fake tree already has all the lights on it. Hanging ornaments on the tree is still my favorite part about decorating too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for the families' reaction to the gender reveal!! You MUST get it on tape! :) Hope San Diego is treating you both well! XOXO, R

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! Totally borrowing later in the week! Hope your loving the trip!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rudolph is definitely the best reindeer! The Holiday was on yesterday, and I forgot how much I love that movie too! Hope you're having an amazing trip <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this!! So fun.....may have to "borrow" for a fun Thursday post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to do the Christmas eve tradition with Jack, too. I always loved getting to open one gift the day before!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aw i love things like this! Nothing beats a real tree in my book, but they are so damn messy! Have a wonderful time with the family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just curious as a teacher what gifts do you love the most from the kids? I managed to finally figure something out for the daycare workers after searching online for the things they hated and did NOT do those items!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. We are obsessed with Pentatonix in our house. We've been jamming to their Christmas CD since it came out in 2014 so the kids were ecstatic when they found out there was going to be a TV special. We have watched it five times already. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your sneaky way of wrapping some gifts! I know I've done that before, because some things are a bit too obvious if you just wrap them in the normal fashion. I'm not that great at wrapping, but I can try! lol I volunteered to wrap at Macy's one year for a non-profit I volunteer with and they have this whole video you watch beforehand so you know how to properly wrap. It was nice, but I wish I could remember the video now!

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Rudolph is definitely the coolest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally count The Holiday as a Christmas movie, it's just so good! I love that you try to trick your husband with his gift, that's so cute!
    Xoxo,
    Whitney & Blaire
    Peaches In A Pod

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing your thoughts and comments--so, make my day and leave me some lovin'!